Friday, September 6, 2013

Final Review


In Unit 3 I gave myself a score on a 1-10 scale a 4 physically, 7 spiritually and a 5 psychologically.  Throughout this course I have made goals for myself and have been working on these areas so that my rating has improved a little.  Now I would rate myself as a 5 physically because I have made steps to incorporate exercise into my daily life.  Spiritually I give myself an 8 because I did begin attending church again.  Psychologically I give myself a 7 because I have been working hard to improve my mental health.  I have enjoyed the meditation exercises I began to include in my daily routine and I am taking steps to start taking a yoga class in the near future. 
I have made changes in each of these areas and I have taken the necessary steps to improve my health and well-being. Therefore, I feel that I am well on my way to achieving my goals in attaining integral health and human flourishing if I stick to my plan and not let anything get in the way. I still have work to do though. However, I have learned and experienced the importance of maintaining balance in all areas and believe that will be the motivation I need to continue forward.
Learning that I can control my migraine headaches through meditation has been most rewarding to me.  Incorporating these steps and activities into my daily life until they become a habit has been difficult; however, I know that if I just keep being consistent it will all become second nature to me. 
In order to help others, I must first help myself.  I need to experience these changes and newly learned habits in order to provide assistance to others so that I know what I am talking about and can have an understanding what the people I am assisting are going through.  I have to maintain good health and well-being in all areas so that others will look at me and know that I know what I am talking about and they will want that for themselves.   

8 comments:

  1. Sherrie,

    Good work on the progress you have made since taking this class. Keep going and you will achieve even more. "See you at the top".

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie,

    I am so glad you are reaping the benefits of slowing down and that the meditation is helping your migraines! That is awesome. Sounds like you are also making spiritual growth a priority again too. That is great! I hope we are in other classes together. I only have three more terms...yay! If we don't cross paths again, it has been fun to follow your blog, best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherrie,

    I'm glad you've made such great progress over the past 10 weeks! Finding a natural solution to your migraines and making your faith a priority are a great start. I've found that remaining consistent in each area can be challenging at times, but now that we've seen the positive results, it sure does help when life takes us off track... I wish you all the best.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new weapon against migraines! That is truly exciting, and can improve your life immensely, even if meditation offered no other rewards to you, that alone would be worth the effort! Best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherrie,

    Good work on staying on the path...the path can be long and smooth, or it can be rough and treacherous. Regardless, we find ourselves on the path and that is good. To not be on the path is when we lose sight of the journey we are on.

    Stay focused and be positive. Being positive keeps you focused.

    Peace!

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherrie,

    What I love about this course is that it made me accountable for my health and wellness. I had to be upfront and truthful about my behavior wether good or bad. One of my facebook friends posted today, " We cannot begin to correct our problems if we never admit our problems." The self evaluation was right on time and I see that you were blessed by this experience just as I was. Good Luck and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sherrie,

    I always enjoyed reading your blogs. Thank you so much for sharing your personal opinion with us. I agree that if you want to help others, you have to first help your self. Its like if you are not happy, you cann't make anybody happy so just be happy by yourself first. Good luck in your career.

    Stuti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherrie,
    Congrats on being well on your way to accomplishing your goals. I agree with you when you say that you have maintain good health and well-being in all areas of your life in order to serve as an example for your clients. I also believe it is a good thing to let clients know that we as the health and wellness professional are still a work in progress, even after reaching those goals we set for ourselves. I believe this is what will make us ore appealing to clients and make it more likely that they will return to us on a continuous basis. Great re-assessment and continued success to you!

    Sherese
    heres2ahealthyu

    ReplyDelete