Friday, July 12, 2013

Journey on Relaxation

As I listened to the audio of the relaxation exercise I was surprised by how easy it was for me to follow the instructions given in order to relax.  I closed my eyes and felt my arms and shoulders melt almost like they were a sponge saturated with water.  I felt warm all over and completely comfortable and at peace.  Learning how to control my mind and body into doing exactly what I wanted it to do was an amazing feeling.  I have not felt that relaxed in a long time.  When it was over not only was I relaxed but I also felt energized.  

My husband has practiced similar techniques to help him go into a deep sleep but I was never willing to try it out, believing that it was all in his head.  It might be all in his head all right because he is training his mind and body to do what he wants it to do.  So far this class is helping me step outside my little box world and opening up my mind to new things.  

I will be using this often especially at times when I am feeling particularly stressed.  I would think this would be a great stress reliever as well as a mechanism for sleep.  

Go ahead and give this relaxation technique a try.  See and experience for yourself what I mean by true relaxation!  Click HERE to access the audio.  




5 comments:

  1. Sherrie, Isn't it amazing what we can do with our mind when we take the time to try new things. I have been doing meditation for the past few months, which I love, but found this exercise to be a little different. It's interesting how you can actually feel the change in blood flow, leaving you in a relaxed state. I look forward to hearing about your next experiences in our journey to mind/body healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrie your page looks really nice. Thank you for putting a link to the audio. I wasn't able to pull it from the school's app but was able to open it from your blog page. The exercise was different. I felt relaxed and my limbs felt heavy as if something was weighing them down. However it wasn't in a bad way. It felt like if I wanted to get up I couldn't. The mind is powerful. It controls our thoughts and actions. I can totally get how inner healing can be achieved through mind-body approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sherrie, your blog is really nice. Im glad that you enjoyed it, I had a lot of trouble focusing. I think my brain doesn't know how to calm down. I think I may need to just practice more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherrie,

    You have done a great job on your blog. I love that you said it was all in your husband's head...you are right! The mind is so powerful and it sounds as though he has mastered the concepts in our unit 2 about training the mind! I am still very new to these concepts but am too, like you, willing to step outside my comfort zone and try these techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherrie,
    Your blog is awesome! I felt completely relaxed from the guided meditation as well. When the mind is open to receiving messages, it is amazing the places it can take you. This is the reason I tend to listen to guided meditation at night when I am just about ready to head to bed. When I've had a rough day, guided meditation is just the thing to center my mind and body again. It feels good to step out of those four walls that we tend to box ourselves into, doesn't it? I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete